As we have been wrapping up all our thank you notes I have realized that there simply are not words big enough and strong enough to express how grateful Josh and I are to the people who came to our wedding, to those who stood next to us, and to those who raised us. We really are blessed to have such amazing people in our lives.
A few of many many highlights:
- Spending the day with my girls and my momma getting ready and getting some very good advice about how to enjoy the day from those married and unmarried alike :)
- Holding Josh's hand around a door so we could have a moment before walking down the aisle. I said a prayer, got all weepy and Josh said "Hey I have an idea...how about we get married? I mean, everyone's here so we might as well."
- My hair getting attacked by a tree as I walked down the aisle. It felt like a fish hook caught me from behind and yanked me backwards but I have been told it was nothing like that :)
- The beautiful ceremony by our good friend Katherine Giles who apparently was mistaken for a rabbi on several occasions throughout the evening
- Our readers/Seven Blessing-ers: Jose Cangas, Robbie Alfred and Lina Musayev
- A wonderful prayer by Gambrell
- Singing along to our song "Better Man" by James Morrison
- Putting the ring on Josh's right hand!! Whoops
- Our vows :)
- Having a waiter promise not to leave me until I had my fill of appetizers during the photo session
- My father's beautiful toast welcoming Josh into the family
- Dancing so hard I thought my dress was going to fall down
- Getting 10 minutes alone with Josh as the wedding planners blocked off the garden and kept people away
- Being asked how many dance lessons we took and telling them "one!"
- The Best Man and Matron of Honor's toasts. I know they were both nervous but man they KILLED it. I still get all weepy when I think about their beautiful words.
- My sister welcoming Elijah into the family saying that on that day she was finally an aunt :)
- Dancing with my dad and trying to do a box step, failing, and just wanting to hold on to him for a little while longer.
- Dancing with Elijah because we had bribed him and he had too...ah parenting.
- Being whisked away in a beautiful white Bentley
- Realizing at the end of the night that we were MARRIED!!!
- Entering the bar at our hotel to a round of applause from everyone there :)
Ceremony & Reception Venue: Thomas Bennett House
Photographer: Leigh Webber
Wedding Designer: Kristin Newman Designs
Flowers:Gathering Floral + Event Design
Catering: Cru Catering
Band: Plane Jane